Department of Education Resources
Learning at Home – Search by year level
- Download the Free Online Educational Activities PDF
- BTN – Under ‘Teachers’ there are ‘Resources’ with a complete package including discussion questions, transcripts and activities. These are downloadable in Word or as a PDF.
- The SQUIZ Kids – A news podcast for 8-12 year olds. In just a few minutes, kids (and their adults) are given a rundown on the big news events delivered free of opinion, and with positivity and humour. Designed to slip easily into a families’ morning routine, a new episode will drop at 7am each weekday.
- National Geographic Kids – Explore and discover complete online quizzes and games.
- Mims Audiobook – Free during COVID-19. You can select audio or ebooks for free
- Audible Books – Free during COVID-19 – all stories are free to stream on your desktop, laptop, phone or tablet.
Activities to Enhance Learning:
There are lots of activities you can do with your child/ren that enhance learning and help them develop their skills.
- Reading material: books, magazines, newspapers
- Board Games/Family Games: Scrabble, Pictionary, Scattergories
- Journal – Diary entries and/or recounts
- Dictionary and Thesaurus – definitions and synonyms
- Dinner conversation
- Bedtime reading
- Cooking – reading and writing recipes
- Times tables
- Playing Cards, Uno
- Dice games
- Sudoku puzzles – puzzle books or online
- Discuss the maths around them – i.e. shapes, time, measurement etc.
ABC Education TV
- ABC ME’s Education block will increase its weekday broadcast time in Term Two to support students, teachers and parents, with so many children learning at home due to the coronavirus global pandemic. See ABC Education PDF
- Play School and Sesame Street